1. Letter of Intention to Halal World, explaining the motives of requesting Halal Certificate
- Company’s registration information
- Operation license issued by relevant authority
- The company’s official logo and/or trademark
- List of raw materials used to produce each product
- Full explanation of the production process
- Production and packaging flow chart
- Storage conditions, shelf life of each product
- Halal slaughter certificate approved by a religious authority
- Internationally recognized certificates such as ISO, HACCP, and GMP
- Main ingredients and additives and the related sources of each of them. Production process of each division, the sources of water used and the related documents.
- Name of each product and the volume of production
1.In case gelatin, essence and emulsifiers are used, the analysis and Halal Certificate thereof must the provided.
2.Upon receipt of documentation, the representative of the applicant company shall be notified of the time scheduled for visit of the factory and the representative must make all necessary arrangements in order to facilitate the visit.
3.During the visit and in case testing of the products is required, the representative must make samples available to the auditor assigned by HALALWORLD and to the laboratory that undertakes testing.
4.All travel costs and laboratory charges will be borne by the applicant company.
5.In case auditing report confirms conformity of products and processes with Halal standards, a letter bearing charges including membership fee, Halal Certification and yearly advertisement on www.halalworldinstitute.org shall be addressed to the applicant company.
6.The applicant company must make the payment of the above amount into the related account.
7.Upon receipt of payment confirmation, all the documentation collected shall be provided to the certification department of HALALWORLD to commence issuing the Certification. Once the Certificate is issued, the representative of the company shall be informed accordingly and the certification shall be mailed to Applicant Company by international DHL.
HALALWORLD commits itself to render the most desirable services provided that the related form be completed accurately and the required documentation be provided.
Procedure of Halal Certification by
Requirements which must be fulfilled by applicant companies in order to be granted formal Certification by HALALWORLD are as follows:
1. Application of Halal certificate
2. Providing information on products and processes
3. Payment of equivalent of 200 Euros in favor of Islamic Chamber Research and Information Center as part of initial processing fees.
4. Dispatch of Halal competent expert to carry out audit of the manufactured products.
5. Sampling by ICRIC auditor and testing in authorized laboratories, if needed
6. Preparation of Halal Conformity Assessment Report (HACR)
7. Payment of remaining charges related to auditing scheme by the applicant company, in case of positive report.
8. Issuance of Halal Certificate and delivery to the official representative of the applicant company
9. Unannounced visits of Halal World auditors during the validity of Certificate
For further detailed information please visit Halal Certification department at www.halalworldinstitute.org